Monday, September 14, 2009

Comic Store Owner Loves the Kindle

I make my living selling printed material...comic books, (as well as comic-related items at Alter Ego Comics), but I've gotta tell ya, I love Amazon's Kindle.

I bought one for my wife for mother's day this year, and she's made the leap from printed books to electronic versions. I decided to give it a try, and bought a book last week for the Kindle.

I should start by telling you that I get very sleepy when I read black text on white pages.  I'm sure that it has something to do with my eyesight, and I really should see an eye doctor, but that's a post for another time.

Reading on the Kindle does not make me tired.  I can breeze through multiple chapters of reading with no sleepiness whatsoever. Also, I happened to buy a hardcover book a few days before I bought the Kindle book, and I thought about taking both of them to my son's football game last weekend.  Then I thought, I don't want to carry the Kindle and a hardcover book.  From here on out, I'm going strictly Kindle for books.  Plus, I can have a book on the Kindle, ready to read in less than a minute!  What's not to love?!

Well, I'll tell ya what's not to love.  Unless the price of the larger Kindle comes down, (and has a color display), comic books will never find an audience on the Kindle.  And that's fine with me.

No comments: